Services Provided Free of Charge
Parish Health Services
Parish Health is a caring community network of volunteers who help us navigate life together.
Volunteer Community Supporting You
A Caring Community
Parish Health consists of volunteers who support the goal of navigating life together in community.
The Parish Health Volunteer role is primarily a caring role; care involves the whole person – physical, emotional, spiritual, relational health and wellbeing.
There is no charge for services since the service is primarily a consultative support role.
The Parish Health Volunteer does not replace the client’s physician, pastor or other health care professional services. The goal of the service is to promote a caring community that supports navigating life together.
Each volunteer comes with a unique background to share with you. Contact and visits with volunteers will remain confidential unless you would like to connect with pastoral staff or other community services.
Types of Services:
- Provide practical support following hospitalization or illness
- Provide bridging services such as home, hospital and nursing home visits
- Support advanced care planning
- Talk through challenges of life transitions
- Navigating health care systems
- Sponsor programs and seminars based on church and community needs
- With coordination and referral to other community services
- Prepare for broader emergency situations
- Provide presence, spiritual and prayer support for health and life challenges