Sunday Resources for October 18, 2020
This Sunday we are bringing you a virtual Sunday Service from our living rooms to yours. We hope you enjoy it in this time that we are unable to meet together in person. Click Play on the video below to get started. Got a big screen? Watch the service on YouTube on your TV!
How does your faith in Jesus bring you comfort in your suffering today?
Read John 11:23-25. What does it look like for you to look to Jesus as the resurrection and the life, rather than looking to the future ? What does this mean for you in the present?
What are the benefits right now of being in relationship with Christ? What scriptures come to mind when you ponder this?
How does your experience of Christ’s grace allow you to extend the same grace to others? What does that grace look like?
What does it mean to be a friend of Christ? How can you live into this reality this week?
Resources for Prayer
- Discovering Prayer offers monthly audio prayer times and access to daily prayer morning, noon and evening, along with expert tips on how to live a more prayerful life.
- Celtic Daily Prayer gives prayers for morning, noon, evening and night.
- The Bible in One Year is a great app with comments by Nicky Gumbel who is the leader of the Alpha Course and Pastor of Holy Trinity Brompton
- Pray as You Go offers some great audio resources including one that guides you through the Examen
- Practicingtheway.org is a good resource for spiritual practices
- The hour that changes the world is a helpful prayer guide