Sunday Resources for October 4, 2020
This Sunday we are bringing you a virtual Sunday Service from our living rooms to yours. We hope you enjoy it in this time that we are unable to meet together in person. Click Play on the video below to get started. Got a big screen? Watch the service on YouTube on your TV!
- Can you think of a time that you saw (and engaged) someone and/or when you noticed (and avoided them, talked about) them?
- How do you experience the watchful eye of Jesus as you come and go throughout your day? How would you describe the way he watches over you?
- How do you create space for people to feel welcome and free to come and go as they are on their own spiritual journey? What makes that difficult?
- How easy is it for you to walk with someone who is suffering, without trying to make sense of it or defending God?
- What do you need to practice this week in order to reflect Jesus’ hospitality and welcome to those around you?
Resources for Prayer
- Discovering Prayer offers monthly audio prayer times and access to daily prayer morning, noon and evening, along with expert tips on how to live a more prayerful life.
- Celtic Daily Prayer gives prayers for morning, noon, evening and night.
- The Bible in One Year is a great app with comments by Nicky Gumbel who is the leader of the Alpha Course and Pastor of Holy Trinity Brompton
- Pray as You Go offers some great audio resources including one that guides you through the Examen
- Practicingtheway.org is a good resource for spiritual practices
- The hour that changes the world is a helpful prayer guide