Online Spiritual Formation Opportunities
There are many ways to cultivate space in our lives to encounter God and be formed in the image of Christ in mind, body, soul, and spirit. These can be called practices or disciplines, but the purpose remains the same – to form us to the image of Christ for God’s glory, for our abundance, and for the sake of others. These ideas are not intended as obligations but rather invitations into the presence of God and to hear from Him and enjoy being with Him.
Below are some invitations to experience God’s presence in new ways. I encourage you to experiment to discover which refreshes you, spirit, soul, and body. If practices are new to you, try something that will take you 10 minutes and a day and go from there. Whatever you do, know that God is patiently waiting for you and will meet you where you are. Enjoy!
North Sound Church Resources:
- Browse our own growing library of past Sunday morning livestreams.
- Read our latest meditations
- Watch video content on our YouTube channel.
- Listen to Sermon Podcasts
Each day, these apps lead you through a time of centering yourself, listening to scripture, and pondering what God might be saying to you in the moment. Each daily session lasts 10-13 minutes long.
- Pray as You Go
- The God Minute
- Lectio 365
- Bible in One Year (presented by Nicky and Pippa Gumbel, of the Alpha Series) – This app guides you through a daily bible reading so that you can read the Bible in a year. There is a full bible option and an express option.
- Coronavirus Online Prayer Meeting FB Page – This FB page provides a devotional Monday through Friday, as well as offering a place for prayer requests. It is accessed by people across the country and world and has been a place of prayer for many during this time.
- NSC Website Weekly Devotional – We will begin publishing the weekly devotionals from last year on the website for you to access and download. These devotionals invite you to ponder a passage of scripture and experience it in new ways.
- Practicingtheway.org is a good resource for spiritual practices. They offer classes that you can download and complete alone or with a group.
- Discovering Prayer offers monthly audio prayer times and access to daily prayer morning, noon, and evening, along with expert tips on how to live a more prayerful life.
- Celtic Daily Prayer gives prayers for morning, noon, evening, and night.
- The Bible in One Year is a great app with comments by Nicky Gumbel who is the leader of the Alpha Course and Pastor of Holy Trinity Brompton
- The hour that changes the world is a helpful prayer guide
- RightNow Media has a streaming library of Bible studies. Access is free for our North Sound Church congregation.