North Sound Church is a relatively new family meeting in a rather old building. Built in 1909, this church continues to be a landmark for the city of Edmonds.
In 2003 North Sound Church was planted with a handful of people in what was the First Baptist Church of Edmonds. By God’s favor there is more people gathering than the building can facilitate and the leadership has responded by hosting multiple services.
North Sound Church continues to be a member with Converge Worldwide (formerly known as the General Baptist Convention) but mirrors a diversified body of believers who come from variety of church backgrounds. We are a multi-denominational, community-oriented, simple church.
The mission of North Sound Church is to extend the kingdom of God by making mature disciples of Jesus Christ in the context of a life-transforming community.
At North Sound Church, the following values guide our ministry.
- The Scriptures inform both who we are and what we do (2 Tim. 3:16,17).
- We affirm our reliance upon the work of the Holy Spirit, God's empowering presence (Luke 4:19; Acts 1:8; Rom. 8:9-11; 15:13; 1 Cor. 2:4; Eph. 2:16; 1 Thes. 1:5).
- We are a missional church that strives to be culturally relevant (Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 17:15ff.; 1 Cor. 9:22).
- We are in an intentional process of spiritual growth toward the goal that Christ will be formed in us (Matt. 22:37; Gal. 4:18; 5:22-23; Rom. 12:2; 2 Cor. 3:18; Col. 1:28).
- We are committed to one another in the context of a life-transforming community (John 13:34-35; Rom. 13:8-10; 1 Cor. 13; Gal. 6:1; Col. 1:4; Eph. 2:8-10).
- We see the church as an agent of the kingdom of God (Matt. 4:17,23; 13:24ff.; 18:1ff. Luke 9:2; 11:2; Acts 28:31; Rom. 14:17; Col. 1:13; 4:11).
- We believe every member is a minister (Eph. 4:12; Rom. 12:3-8; 1 Cor. 12:1-31).
- We build ministry on a commitment to prayer (Matt. 21:13; Mark 11:24; Acts 2:42; 6:12; Rom. 12:12; 1 Cor. 7:5; Col. 4:2; James 5:16).
- We seek to have corporate worship that is blessed by the manifest presence of God (1 Cor. 14:25; Matt. 4:10; John 4:23).
- We seek organizational excellence (Matt. 25:15ff.).